We are looking for people who are willing to share their story. Tell the world how remittances are important to you and your family.
Why is sending money abroad important to you? How are hidden fees impacting you and your family?
Most people are unaware of what they actually pay to send, spend, or receive money internationally. That’s because providers mislead consumers on exchange rates. They often say they have low, or even no fees, but they might hide extra fees in a marked-up exchange rate.
The International Day of Family Remittances is celebrated on June 16th every year to raise awareness of the importance of remittances in supporting families and communities worldwide. Remittances provide vital support to approximately 1 billion people globally, contributing to achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
You can submit your story either written or as part of a 30-minute video interview.
Please share your story by answering the following questions:
- What is your name?
- Where are you from? Where are you living now?
- Why are remittances important for you?
- How much does your family rely on remittances back home?
- Do you find pricing confusing when sending money abroad? Does it make it hard to shop around for different providers?
- Are you aware of additional fees hidden in exchange rate mark-ups?
- If so, how are hidden fees impacting you and your family?
Sharing your story helps all consumers around the world.